Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Herb Walk Sunday, May 20th


One of the things I appreciate about our non-profit is we are able to focus on ways to help people and horses on a long term basis. My father used to say to me when I was young, "It's better to teach someone how to fish than it is to give them one." We hope that with these Herb Walks people are empowered to save themselves thousands of dollars in health care with the knowledge and skills we will provide them and that they take this learning and help others heal themselves and their animal companions as well.

When I started my herbal education about ten years ago one of the things that I found challenging, was that although there was a lot of great information out there, there wasn't as much hands on learning as I wanted in the courses I took. I like to really practice something over and over, so having someone show me once how to make a tincture or give me written instructions on how to make a poultice, wasn't very helpful. One of the things I am most excited about with these Herb Walks is that we have a space in which people will be able to practice making vinegar, tinctures, poultices and trying out recipes so that they can incorporate what they have learned about herbs easily into their daily lives. It is so easy and simple to start living a healthier life, that for most of us we don't believe it's possible until someone hand walks us through the experience. I am amazed at how the small shifts and subtle ways I have included herbs into my daily life have dramatically improved my health over the last year. I began studying herbs to improve the health of my animals and it's only recently that I started opening up my own awareness to the advantages herbs provide me for my own health. The cost for one of our Herb Walks is $75 per person. Tuition fees help cover the cost of the supplies we need to allow participants to make and take home sample tinctures, vinegar and our wonderful colored hand-outs so they can repeat the experience over and over again. All proceeds go to help care for the horses of Three Treasures Farms. Please join us on this marvelous learning adventure. 

A big Thank You to Nicole Sulick for lending her passion and years of expertise with herbs to teaching this class for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment